Relevant learning and development solutions for pressing business challenges.
Uncertain and rapidly-evolving business environments need leaders that lead forward, not just around. Joe Jordan's leadership training helps leaders chart a course to growth and achievement in whatever changes a market presents.
“In today’s era of volatility, . . . the only sustainable advantage you can have over others is agility . . . everything else you create, someone else will replicate.” (Jeff Bezos)
Agile Leadership Training is a three-session leadership development program that equips leaders to lead teams and manage performance in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment. The program consists of three, highly-interactive, four-hour workshops. Sessions can be conducted over two consecutive days or in three half-day sessions to minimize participant time away from business responsibilities.
Session 1: Transformational Leadership - 4 Hours
Leadership is influence, not control. Individuals transitioning from contributor to leader face new relational dynamics and a new set of business challenges. This workshop teaches the fundamental principles and essential behaviors of effective leadership.
This session provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
· Embrace the importance of effective leadership in creating a vision and achieving business goals.
· Articulate how to lead up, down, and across an organization.
· Develop the essential behaviors of effective leadership.
· Adapt one’s leadership style to match the needs of the follower.
Session 2: Managing for Results - 4 Hours
The failure to recognize the difference between leadership and management—and the importance of both, are the source of many performance problems in teams and across organizations. This session explores how management is different from leadership, and the importance of performance management in team success.
This program provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
· Balance effective team leadership with individual performance management.
· Improve individual and team performance by proficiently using the four dimensions of performance management.
· Use affirmative and corrective coaching to help team members improve performance by self-correcting behavior.
· Ensure team member goals are aligned with business priorities by writing meaningful, measurable, and aligned annual performance plans.
· Increase team member retention and engagement by using fair and relevant annual performance evaluations to create a positive and motivating work environment
Session 3: Leadership Engagement Lab – Four Hours
Leadership and management effectiveness are measured by results, not rhetoric. In this session participants engage with multiple situations they face as leaders. Through role plays and team projects, participants determine how the principles of leadership and management determine the best course of action for a leader. The tensions of differing perspectives are leveraged to cause individuals to evaluate a course of action and its potential outcome.
Upon completing this session, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
· Create a team culture of accountability and personal responsibility.
· Balance confidence (directness) and consideration (engaging others) in leading performance.
· Build a leadership framework in which people motivate themselves without the leader’s involvement.
· Adapt leadership to the needs of the follower, not the leader’s preferred style.
· Create and maintain appropriate relational boundaries between the leader and follower.
· Address inappropriate behavior in a way that promotes growth.